On Wednesday, June twenty eighth, Russell Alexander shall be joined by members of the Household Regulation Advert Hoc Steering Committee Professors Nicholas Bala (Queen’s Regulation), Rachel Birnbaum (Social Work at Kings College Faculty – Western) and Claire Houston (Regulation at Western) who performed a survey to assist perceive the experiences of household attorneys on account of the pandemic and the adoption of digital know-how in household courtroom. Within the 1-hour virtual town hall, they may current the outcomes of their survey. Members of the Household Regulation Advert Hoc Steering Committee can even provide their ideas on how the end result of the survey can assist inform the dialogue surrounding presumptive hearings in household courts in Ontario and entry to justice.
Prematurely of the city corridor, we’re happy to share the recording launch of Presumptive Hearings: Town Hall for Legal Professionals and Members of the Public which was held by the Household Regulation Advert Hoc Committee and Professor Nicholas Bala in the summertime of 2022, as subsequent week’s presentation shall be a continuation of this dialogue.
On this 1.5-hour presentation, the panel of Ontario household attorneys hosted a dwell city corridor for authorized professionals and members of the general public concerning presumptive hearings in Ontario Household Courts protecting the next subjects:
1. Entry to Justice
2. Completely different Approaches in Completely different Judicial Areas
3. Household Bar Expertise Relating to In-Individual Hearings Since April
4. What Our Shoppers Are Saying
5. Have the Presumptive Tips Introduced the Administration of Justice into Disrepute
6. What’s the Information Telling Us
7. Subsequent Steps and Shifting Ahead to Enhance the Household Regulation Justice System