This scrumptious Spinach Salad recipe is one which I’ve been making for years! Crispy bacon, creamy cottage cheese, and a candy and tangy poppyseed dressing make this salad a satisfying dish that goes properly with virtually any meal. It’s additionally straightforward to make with substances I at all times have available. One style and also you’ll perceive why it’s our favourite!
Why That is our Favourite Spinach Salad:
I like salad. And if a hearty fundamental dish salad isn’t on the menu, then a fast aspect salad normally makes an look on the dinner desk. Typically it’s a ‘clean-out-the-fridge’ type of salad- a manner to make use of up further produce on the finish of the week. However after I need one thing just a bit bit further.. that’s after I flip to this spinach salad.
Make no mistake, this salad nonetheless comes collectively actually shortly utilizing easy substances that I normally have available. However the taste is something however extraordinary. Spinach and crispy romaine are topped with salty bacon, creamy cottage cheese, and a easy poppyseed dressing made with pantry staples. The result’s a candy and savory salad that retains everybody coming again till the bowl is empty.
Simple sufficient for a weeknight, however ‘fancy’ sufficient for firm or vacation dinners. This Spinach Salad recipe is formidable like that. If I’ve it, typically I’ll throw strawberries, sliced avocados, or mandarin oranges into the combination. Nevertheless it actually isn’t needed. This salad is deliciously full simply as it’s.
Components for our Favourite Spinach Salad:
- Spinach– We like to make use of child spinach on this salad.
- Lettuce– Romaine lettuce offers a pleasant crunch to the salad.
- Bacon– You should utilize no matter bacon you want right here. I like to make use of the precooked bacon from Costco.
- Mozzarella Cheese– Contemporary grated mozzarella is best than pre-shredded on this salad.
- Cottage Cheese– I like to make use of giant curd cottage cheese on this salad.
- Sugar– You’ll want common, white granulated sugar for this dressing.
- Oil– Any neutral-flavored oil works right here. I’ve used avocado oil, vegetable oil, and lightweight olive oil.
- White Vinegar– Good previous white, distilled vinegar is what we use on this dressing.
- Poppy Seeds– Provides nice crunch and colour.
- Dry Mustard– This recipe requires dry mustard powder, however should you don’t have that, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard can be utilized additionally.
- Salt– I like to make use of kosher or sea salt.
- Inexperienced Onion– Inexperienced onion provides a stunning, mellow taste to the dressing.
Tips on how to Make this Spinach Salad Recipe:
- Prep lettuce. Wash and chop lettuce into bite-sized items. Add to a big serving bowl with the spinach and toss evenly to mix.
- Drain the cottage cheese. Pour the cottage cheese right into a sieve and rinse with chilly water to take away the creamy liquid. Drain properly and add to the salad. Add shredded mozzarella and crispy bacon.
- Make the dressing. In a small jar or bowl add the entire dressing substances. Add a lid and shake, or whisk till properly mixed. Chill till able to serve.
- Toss the salad. Drizzle desired quantity of dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Or, serve the dressing on the aspect.
- Take pleasure in!
Suggestions & Strategies:
Can I make spinach salad forward of time?
You’ll be able to prep this salad earlier within the day. Reserve the bacon and add it proper earlier than serving. The poppyseed dressing could be made properly prematurely. It should final for as much as two weeks within the fridge. Don’t add the dressing till you’re able to serve. Undressed leftover salad will final for as much as 2 days within the fridge. You’ll seemingly have extra dressing than you want for the salad, so add simply sufficient to evenly coat, then add extra to style if desired.
What else can I put on this spinach salad recipe?
This recipe is tremendous adaptable. This variation is our very favourite, however listed here are another ingredient combos that you would be able to attempt:
- Swiss Cheese, Mandarin Oranges, Diced Avocado & Fried Onions
- Strawberries, Chopped Pecans & Feta Cheese
- Blueberries, Toasted Walnuts & Goat Cheese
- Diced Onerous Boiled Eggs & Sliced Mushrooms
- Avocado, Strawberry & Slivered Almonds
- Contemporary Peaches, Sliced Almonds & Smoked Gouda
What goes properly together with your favourite spinach salad?
One of many issues I like about this salad is that it’s scrumptious with so many various meals. Listed below are a number of recipes it goes nice with:
Extra Scrumptious Salad Recipes:
Favourite Spinach Salad
This scrumptious Spinach Salad recipe is one which I’ve been making for years! Crispy bacon, creamy cottage cheese, and a candy and tangy poppyseed dressing make this salad a satisfying dish that goes properly with virtually any meal. One style and you may perceive why it is our favourite!
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 ounce bag contemporary child spinach
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup bacon items cooked till crispy
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 ounces cottage cheese rinsed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 stalks inexperienced onion chopped
Rinse lettuce and chop into chew dimension items. Add to a big salad bowl with spinach.
Drain and rinse cottage cheese. Add to the salad bowl with the shredded mozzarella cheese and crispy bacon items. Cowl and chill till able to serve.
Mix dressing substances in a small bowl and whisk collectively. Chill till able to serve the salad.
You’ll be able to pour the dressing over the salad when able to serve, or let folks add their very own dressing to their salad portion. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 12g | Fats: 13g | Saturated Fats: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 6g | Trans Fats: 0.03g | Ldl cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 741mg | Potassium: 439mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 10275IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 2mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you can see a number of scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your children to eat higher and develop into intuitive eaters and many sources for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie