This mild and ethereal Chocolate Peppermint Mousse is the right dessert through the vacation season. Creamy chocolate meets a touch of peppermint between layers of fluffy whipped cream.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
Should you observe a gluten and dairy free weight loss program, you recognize that lots of the time it means skipping out on lots of the ice lotions, scorching cocoa flavors, and such. However I’m all the time in search of methods to include these vacation flavors in a more healthy method that works for us! Should you’d requested me just a few years in the past if I believed dairy free desserts could possibly be scrumptious, I most likely would have rolled my eyes at you and requested you to cross me the caramel sauce.
As an alternative of constructing a number of dishes to fulfill totally different dietary needs- I needed a solution to make a scrumptious gluten and dairy free desserts that EVERYONE loves. And this Chocolate Peppermint Mousse completely delivers. It has all of the fluffy creaminess that we love about mousse, with large chocolate taste and simply the correct trace of peppermint. It completely satisfies our candy tooth with out being overly candy or heavy.
Plus… it’s extremely straightforward to make and simply appears to be like so visually interesting. It’s positively considered one of our very favourite vacation desserts!
Elements for Chocolate Peppermint Mousse:
- darkish chocolate– to be actually dairy-free, be sure you use a dairy free chocolate bar. We like Lily’s
- milk chocolate– we want utilizing finely chopped chocolate bars, however chocolate chips will work in a pinch. Simply give them a tough chop.
- coconut milk– be sure you are utilizing canned, full-fat coconut milk or unsweetened coconut cream. In any other case, it gained’t thicken up once you whip it. You’ll find yourself with Chocolate Peppermint Soup. Most likely nonetheless scrumptious, however not what you’re going for right here!
- peppermint extract– if you’re in search of a straight Chocolate Mousse, you may go away this out, or sub it with vanilla extract. Or, attempt orange extract or zest for a yummy Chocolate Orange Mousse.
Non-obligatory, however not likely:
- heavy cream– for a dairy free dessert, use dairy free whipped topping or comparable different. In any other case, sweeten as desired and whip to a stiff peak.
- peppermint candies– crushed peppermint candies add a scrumptious crunch and extra punch of peppermint. It is a good way to make use of up all these sweet canes that present up this time of yr!
The best way to Make Chocolate Peppermint Mousse:
- Chop chocolate. You need a high quality chop- you may be counting on the warmth of the coconut milk to soften the chocolate.
- Warmth coconut milk. Warmth till very popular and bubbles type across the fringe of the pan. Don’t boil!
- Whisk. Pour the heated coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and whisk till the chocolate is melted.
- Chill. You need to make certain your combination is totally cooled and thickened. A minimum of 4-5 hours, but it surely might take longer.
- Beat. Utilizing a hand or stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat till thick and ethereal. This will take for much longer than you may assume! Don’t hand over. Simply hold beating, it’s going to get there finally!
Extra Scrumptious Vacation Dessert Recipes:
- 1 cup darkish chocolate bar roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate bar roughly chopped
- 1 14 ounce can coconut milk full fats
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 every peppermint candies crushed
Finely chop the chocolate and put in medium mixing bowl.
In a small saucepan, warmth the coconut milk till it is vitally scorching, however don’t deliver to a boil. It is going to begin to steam and small bubbles will type across the fringe of the pot.
Pour the new coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and whisk till mixed and the chocolate is melted. Stir within the peppermint extract. Chill within the fridge for 4-5 hours or till it has cooled fully and thickened.
As soon as the combination has chilled and thickened, beat with a hand mixer (or in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment) till mild, ethereal and fluffy. This might take as much as 10 minutes to attain the correct texture. It would look like it will not get thick.. simply hold beating. It is going to get there!
Whip the heavy cream and sweeten to your required sweetness with confectioners sugar.
Now you can both spoon the chocolate mousse into bowls, or switch right into a piping bag and pipe into fancy glasses. Alternate the mousse and whipped cream layers. You can even add bits of crushed peppermint sweet within the layers, or simply sprinkle it on high as a garnish. Hold within the fridge till able to serve. Get pleasure from!
Energy: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 5g | Fats: 37g | Saturated Fats: 22g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g | Monounsaturated Fats: 11g | Trans Fats: 0.01g | Ldl cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 406mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 24g | Vitamin A: 454IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 6mg
I am a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid lover of meals and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here one can find numerous scrumptious recipes filled with fruits and veggies, ideas for getting your youngsters to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and plenty of assets for feeding your loved ones.
Be taught Extra about Natalie